Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh, my goodness...

Having a newborn is exhausting, both physically and mentally! I had some serious baby blues hit me right after having my baby. I sobbed on the way home from the hospital, wondering what the heck I had been thinking by getting pregnant. I love my husband so much and was immediately scared that having this baby was going to mess up our relationship and our bond. The anxiety would wear off after some sleep, but then would hit me hard all over again. Honestly, I just wanted to sit down and die. I couldn't make myself be excited about ANYTHING. Thank God, it did end, just like everyone promised. It lasted less than a week and I feel back to my normal self! I do have moments of anxiety still, but I feel like this is all doable now. I love my little man with my whole heart and love my husband even more than I did before. He is the world's best daddy and I can't even fathom how much I love this man. I hope you are all doing well! We have been on quite the adventure! My labor was very difficult and pretty long. I was rewarded with a beautiful baby boy who made it all entirely worth it. By the time we left the hospital, he was already jaundiced and we were readmitted the next afternoon. We've been dealing with trying to get his jaundice down ever since--it's been a seriously worrisome situation. I'm so glad my little man is finally on the road to recovery. Thanks for reading!
                                                                XOXO,
                                                                       One Tired Momma

2 comments:

  1. Kieren sure did make it one memorable entrance into the world huh? I'm so glad you're doing better now. There are so many emotions we have to sort through when we bring our littles into the world but in the end, the reward always outweighs the bad. I always say I get paid in hugs and kisses and nothing is better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memorable, it was! I agree! I can't wait till he can willingly give me hugs and kisses, but for now, I'll just steal 'em.

    ReplyDelete